|Director, David Bruce Mason||Band Boosters and Chairpersons||Handbook|
|Home||Staff & Instructors||Pinellas County Schools site||City of Dunedin|
Volunteers Needed for 2014-2015 School Year: Click Here
The 2013-2014 school year was another success for the DHMS Bands. The band program remained strong and had significant growth. The year ended with a fantastic perfromance and day of fun at Universal Studios, Orlando!
Congratulations to all band students for a great band year!
October Dates to Remember
- Downtown Friday Night Tag Night - Pipe Band and select Highlander Band members. 6:45 -9:30 PM. Meet at the Historical Museum near the railroad tracks, end at Strachan's.
- Holiday Wreath Sales Begin! - All band, orchestra, chorus and dance classes required to sellM
- Middle School Night ay Dunedin High School. Mandatory & graded performance by the Highlander Band, Pipe Band & select members of the Cadet Band. Uniform is Band T-Shirt and shorts or jeans, sneakers are fine. Parents transport their children from DHMS to DHS (1651 Pinehurst Rd.) Warm up with the High School & the other middle schools will be @ 6 PM. ONLY designated & registered parent chaperones will be able to enter the Stadium with the band for free. All others will need to pay $5 to see the show. This is a football game (Dunedin vs. Lakewood) which begins at 7:30 PM. Our students will perform in the pre-game show and then sit and interact with the High School band. The DHS Band Boosters are paying for dinner for all of our students @ the concession stand (vouchers will be given). Students will be required to stay until half time to receive credit for this activity. At that time they will need to NEATLY hang their uniform back in the bags and PATIENTLY hand their uniforms & instruments to the band parents manning the band trailer to transport it back to DHMS. If a parent is not staying for the performance, they may pick their child up in front of the DHS band room @ approx. 10 PM
- Band Booster Meeting - 7:00 PM
- PERCUSSION After School Workshop for All County auditions and Solo Evaluations 4:10 to 5:40 PM. This servers as the home practice grade for all Highlander and Cadet students.
- OBOE After School Workshop for All County auditions and Solo Evaluations 4:10 to 5:40 PM. This servers as the home practice grade for all Highlander and Cadet students.
- East Lake Marching Band Competition - East Lake HS. Come watch the DHS Marching Band Compete against 15-10 other regional high school marching bands! Support DHS Band students! Click HERE for details
-BASSOON After School Workshop for All County auditions and Solo Evaluations 4:10 to 5:10 PM. This servers as the home practice grade for all Highlander and Cadet students.
- Group photos for the yearbook of all Beginning Band, Color Guard, Pipe Band ,Jazz Band, Cadet Band & Highlander Band. This is a graded activity that requires all students, including Beginners , to have their full uniform at school. THIS MEANS BAND T SHIRTS (Beginners), BLACK DRESS SHOES & KILT SHORTS (Cadet, Highlander and Color Guard)
-FLUTES After School Workshop for All County auditions and Solo Evaluations 4:10 to 5:10 PM. This servers as the home practice grade for all Highlander and Cadet students.
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN - Be safe while trick-Or-Treating!